5920 Jonestown Road
Harrisburg, PA 17112
Sunday, May 13 9:40 am to 10:40 am
Wednesday, May 16 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Saturday, May 19 10 am to 12:30 pm
Upcoming Rehearsal Schedule:
Women are asked to wear white tops and black bottoms (skirts or pants). A red sheer scarf/stole will be provided.
Men are asked to wear white shirts, black pants and red ties (solid, patterned or textured).
Text in red is NEW or CHANGE to what was discussed in a rehearsal as of May 9.
Fanfare for Spirit Fest
- Be sure to listen to one another for entrances and cut-offs.
- One change for the basses ... on page 2, measure 29, basses should sing the A with the tenors and NOT the F as written.
Great Great Morning
- Remember that page 1 is sung slowly and deliberately. Be sure to watch me and listen to one another.
- Page 2 gets upbeat, so be sure to cut off the first measure in time and don't carry into the second measure.
- Be careful of the eighth notes, which provide a syncopated feel.
- On page 6, the altos join the tenors on measures 47/48 and 51/52.
- On page 8, the altos join the tenors on measure 66.
- On page 9, the sopranos sing the alto line at measure 73.
- On page 12, measure 89, the first sopranos jump to the top note of the top line.
- At the end of page 12, "It will ...", everyone sings the soprano line in unison.
- Parts resume page 14, measure 107, "In the twinkling ..."
- Page 15, measure 115, "It will be ...", everyone is back on top line, sop/ten on top note, alt/bass on bottom note.
- Resume 4 part on page 15, measure 124.
Holy, True and Faithful God
- First part is a solo
- Watch the rhythms and cut-offs
- Page 4, middle line, gets little softer
- Page 5, top, grows stronger
- Page 6, top, grows even stronger
- Page 8, bottom, gets quite slower
I Am Not My Own
- Page 4 (women) and page 6 (men) - take breath after the words "not in soul"
- Page 7, measure 44 - men should watch the rhythms
- Very end, second sopranos sing the C, altos sing a G, tenors sing an E
I Choose Love
- Verse 1 (measures 5 thru 19) is sung by the following (and they stand for the verse while singing):
Lori, Trish, Carol B., Cassie, Kathy, Emily, Debbie, Sue, Cheryl, Marcy, Martha, Carol H. Kitty
- Verse 2 (measures 25 thru 39) is sung by the BASSES (and they stand for the verse while singing):
- Verse 3 (measures 45 onward) is sung by the following (and they stand as they begin to sing):
Paula, Carol K, Myong, Joanna, Jeannette, Judy, Janine, Tammy, Darla, Sarah, Shari, Laurie, Cindy
- Measures 76-80 is sung by Paula
The Majesty and Glory of Your Name
- The opening will be a duet
- The choir enters on page 6 at measure 34
- Measures 2 thru 10 is sung by Emily
- Choir enters at the pickup to measure 11
- Measures 37 thru 45 is sung by Laurie
- Measures 44-45 is also sung by Ben
- Choir enters at the pickup to measure 46
Raise Your Hands
Hands raise ms. 47 and down ms. 49: Lori, Paula, Sue, Judy, Marcy, Cindy, Darla
Hands raise ms. 51 and down ms. 53: Trish, Myong, Emily, Jeannette, Laurie, Carol H.
Hands raise ms. 55 and down ms. 57: Carol B., Carol K., Kathy, Janine, Martha, Kitty, Sarah, Rich, Mike, Steve
Hands raise ms. 59 and down ms. 61: Cassie Debbie Tammy, Joanna, Cheryl, Shari, Tom, Ben, Gary, Bob
Hands raise ms. 64 and down ms. 66: Lori, Paula, Cassie, Debbie, Janine, Joanna, Cheryl, Kitty, Shari, Tom, Mike, Bob
Hands raise ms. 70 and down ms. 72: Trish, Myong, Jeannette, Tammy, Emily, Marcy, Carol H., Laurie, Sarah, Rich, Steve
Hands raise ms. 76 and down ms. 78: Carol B., Carol K., Kathy, Sue, Judy, Martha, Cindy, Darla, Ben, Gary
Hands raise ms. 83 and down ms. 87: All women
Hands raise ms. 85 and down ms. 87: All men
Everyone raises hands at measure 96 and keep up until cued by Chuck
Sing a New Song
Sing to the Lord a Joyful Song
- Basses should watch the lower A-flat to keep on pitch
When Speaking Has Ceased
- On page 5, measure 16, the note you hold is as follows:
-- Ladies, sing C and remain on C: Judy, Jeannette, Tammy, Kathy, Debbie
-- Ladies, sing C, then B and remain on B: Paula, Joanna, Janine, Darla, Emily, Carol B.
-- Ladies, sing C, then B, then A and remain on A: Carol K. Myong, Nancy, Sue, Trish, Cassie
-- Ladies, sing C, then B, then A, then G and remain on G: Kitty, Carol H,, Shari
-- Ladies, sing C, then B, then A, then G, then F: Laurie, Sarah, Cindy
-- Men, sing F and remain on F: Rich, Ben
-- Men, sing F, then G and remain on G: Tom
-- Men, sing F, then G, then A and remain on A: Gary, Bob G
-- Men, sing F, then G, then A, then B and remain on B: Steve, Mike
-- (Honorary) Men, sing F, then G, then A, then B, then C: Marcy, Martha, Cheryl
- Page 5, bottom, tenors sing with sopranos, basses sing with altos.
- Return to your part on the last note, top of page 7.
- Watch the timing on the last page.
Who But the Lord
- Page 6, bottom, sopranos sing the top note of the alto line, returning to part at pick-up to measure 70.
Pentecost Sunday, May 20, 2018 @ 3PM
A United Methodist Community
Where Faith Meets Life