Text in red is NEW or CHANGE to what was discussed in a rehearsal as of May 9.
Fanfare for Spirit Fest
- Be sure to listen to one another for entrances and cut-offs.
- One change for the basses ... on page 2, measure 29, basses should sing the A with the tenors and NOT the F as written.
Great Great Morning
- Remember that page 1 is sung slowly and deliberately. Be sure to watch me and listen to one another.
- Page 2 gets upbeat, so be sure to cut off the first measure in time and don't carry into the second measure.
- Be careful of the eighth notes, which provide a syncopated feel.
- On page 6, the altos join the tenors on measures 47/48 and 51/52.
- On page 8, the altos join the tenors on measure 66.
- On page 9, the sopranos sing the alto line at measure 73.
- On page 12, measure 89, the first sopranos jump to the top note of the top line.
- At the end of page 12, "It will ...", everyone sings the soprano line in unison.
- Parts resume page 14, measure 107, "In the twinkling ..."
- Page 15, measure 115, "It will be ...", everyone is back on top line, sop/ten on top note, alt/bass on bottom note.
- Resume 4 part on page 15, measure 124.
Holy, True and Faithful God
- First part is a solo
- Watch the rhythms and cut-offs
- Page 4, middle line, gets little softer
- Page 5, top, grows stronger
- Page 6, top, grows even stronger
- Page 8, bottom, gets quite slower
I Am Not My Own
- Page 4 (women) and page 6 (men) - take breath after the words "not in soul"
- Page 7, measure 44 - men should watch the rhythms
- Very end, second sopranos sing the C, altos sing a G, tenors sing an E
I Choose Love
- Verse 1 (measures 5 thru 19) is sung by the following (and they stand for the verse while singing):
Lori, Trish, Carol B., Cassie, Kathy, Emily, Debbie, Sue, Cheryl, Marcy, Martha, Carol H. Kitty
- Verse 2 (measures 25 thru 39) is sung by the BASSES (and they stand for the verse while singing):
- Verse 3 (measures 45 onward) is sung by the following (and they stand as they begin to sing):
Paula, Carol K, Myong, Joanna, Jeannette, Judy, Janine, Tammy, Darla, Sarah, Shari, Laurie, Cindy
- Measures 76-80 is sung by Paula
The Majesty and Glory of Your Name
- The opening will be a duet
- The choir enters on page 6 at measure 34
- Measures 2 thru 10 is sung by Emily
- Choir enters at the pickup to measure 11
- Measures 37 thru 45 is sung by Laurie
- Measures 44-45 is also sung by Ben
- Choir enters at the pickup to measure 46
Raise Your Hands
Hands raise ms. 47 and down ms. 49: Lori, Paula, Sue, Judy, Marcy, Cindy, Darla
Hands raise ms. 51 and down ms. 53: Trish, Myong, Emily, Jeannette, Laurie, Carol H.
Hands raise ms. 55 and down ms. 57: Carol B., Carol K., Kathy, Janine, Martha, Kitty, Sarah, Rich, Mike, Steve
Hands raise ms. 59 and down ms. 61: Cassie Debbie Tammy, Joanna, Cheryl, Shari, Tom, Ben, Gary, Bob
Hands raise ms. 64 and down ms. 66: Lori, Paula, Cassie, Debbie, Janine, Joanna, Cheryl, Kitty, Shari, Tom, Mike, Bob
Hands raise ms. 70 and down ms. 72: Trish, Myong, Jeannette, Tammy, Emily, Marcy, Carol H., Laurie, Sarah, Rich, Steve
Hands raise ms. 76 and down ms. 78: Carol B., Carol K., Kathy, Sue, Judy, Martha, Cindy, Darla, Ben, Gary
Hands raise ms. 83 and down ms. 87: All women
Hands raise ms. 85 and down ms. 87: All men
Everyone raises hands at measure 96 and keep up until cued by Chuck
Sing a New Song
Sing to the Lord a Joyful Song
- Basses should watch the lower A-flat to keep on pitch
When Speaking Has Ceased
- On page 5, measure 16, the note you hold is as follows:
-- Ladies, sing C and remain on C: Judy, Jeannette, Tammy, Kathy, Debbie
-- Ladies, sing C, then B and remain on B: Paula, Joanna, Janine, Darla, Emily, Carol B.
-- Ladies, sing C, then B, then A and remain on A: Carol K. Myong, Nancy, Sue, Trish, Cassie
-- Ladies, sing C, then B, then A, then G and remain on G: Kitty, Carol H,, Shari
-- Ladies, sing C, then B, then A, then G, then F: Laurie, Sarah, Cindy
-- Men, sing F and remain on F: Rich, Ben
-- Men, sing F, then G and remain on G: Tom
-- Men, sing F, then G, then A and remain on A: Gary, Bob G
-- Men, sing F, then G, then A, then B and remain on B: Steve, Mike
-- (Honorary) Men, sing F, then G, then A, then B, then C: Marcy, Martha, Cheryl
- Page 5, bottom, tenors sing with sopranos, basses sing with altos.
- Return to your part on the last note, top of page 7.
- Watch the timing on the last page.
Who But the Lord
- Page 6, bottom, sopranos sing the top note of the alto line, returning to part at pick-up to measure 70.
Pentecost Sunday, May 20, 2018 @ 3PM
Upcoming Rehearsal Schedule:
Sunday, May 13 9:40 am to 10:40 am
Wednesday, May 16 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Saturday, May 19 10 am to 12:30 pm
Women are asked to wear white tops and black bottoms (skirts or pants). A red sheer scarf/stole will be provided.
Men are asked to wear white shirts, black pants and red ties (solid, patterned or textured).
A United Methodist Community
5920 Jonestown Road
Harrisburg, PA 17112
Where Faith Meets Life